A special shout-out to all new members to the club. Don’t forget we kick off at 7AM and will cook up some grub on the BBQ for breakfast and lunch. Please come down and introduce yourselves!
Below we’ve provided some frequently asked questions and information relating to the comp on Sunday and season ahead.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR THIS SUNDAY
THIS SUNDAY ALL DIVISIONS are required to attend.
Please ensure you arrive 30 minutes before your heat starts.
If the weather or surf conditions require us to cancel we’ll inform you via SMS and social media. Usually we make this decision on the day – early.
SAVE THESE NUMBERS
Victoria Austin, Co-President. Preferred method of contact is SMS 0426 774 501 or email or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ian Wallace, Co-President 0416 251 073
JOIN US ON SOCIALS
Most reminders, comp rego and upcoming events are shared via socials.
BBR Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BondiBoardriders/
REGISTRATION & MEMBERSHIP @LiveHeats
LiveHeats is the contest software we use to administer membership, competition registration and scoring. It is a critical part of our operation so learning how it works is crucial to not missing out.
- The Monday before every contest you will be required to log-in https://liveheats.com/bondi to register your attendance. We will remind you by SMS, social and email.
- Once drawn, your heats and colour rashie will be visible in via your dashboard or via liveheats.com/bondi. We will notify when this is done and typically this occurs no later than Saturday morning prior to the comp.
- Heat draws and times are subject to change. You are responsible for knowing your own heat time. Check regularly and hang out at the comp.
- If you can’t make the day, after having registered, SMS Victoria ASAP so she can rearrange heats.
- Things Happen – don’t panic – if you don’t register or can not make it please SMS Victoria 0426 774 501 and she will make the necessary changes.
All heats have a 50% progression to the next round. The progression is based on how many in the water and not how many entered in the heat. For example:
- If four surfers are judged in a heat, two will progress.
- If five surfers are judged in a heat, then three will progress.
- If six surfers are judged in a heat, then three will progress, and so on and so forth.
- The first and last comps of the year will be run using double banks. This means two heats and two different divisions are in the water at the same time but on different banks in the water.
- These are outlined on the day. If you are confused on which bank you are on please ask with plenty of time before your heat starts.
- Please also be respectful of the judges as working two banks takes intense concentration.
FROGS & TADPOLES
Meet at 9.15am this Sunday 15th March.
Daniel “Huddo” Hudson is the Division Director. He is available on 0410 538 673
- Parents will be advised about a meeting time for both divisions prior to each comp (they may vary so keep an eye out).
- Meet at the tents at The Hill, South Bondi and we’ll go as a team to a safe part of the beach
- No need to collect rashies
- These divisions require a parent or guardian to accompany each surfer in the water to assist.
- After the contest, we go back to the main area for a ‘little presentation’ for all the awesome frogs and taddies.
Each division has two dates in which they do not compete. This is called a Bye (similar to the NRL). This is due to the fact we do not have enough daylight to run all divisions all year round.
Byes begin on comp 2. We will notify you prior to Comp 2 with a list of all bye divisions and dates.
DJ, BBQs, MEET YOUR COMMUNITY
The comps are a long day of surfing, competition and community on The Hill. We have a live DJ and put on a BBQ breakfast and lunch for members.
We ALWAYS need help with set-up, pack-down, BBQ duty, general assistance throughout the day. If you can help, let Vic know. It’s greatly appreciated!
Got a local business and want to put back into the local community. If you are keen to sponsor a comp, maybe you have some prizes or services you can offer, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact Clare Matuska, Public Officer and Sponsors on email@example.com or 0405 251 896.