Staying safe during competition! Below outlines how we will stay safe and includes FAQs and the COVID-19 Safety Plan submitted to Waverley Council.
We are stoked to be able to fit in some comps before end of season. There are some rules of engagement that we ask that you please follow to so we can get this show back on the road!! We’ve broken them into 3 steps.
- BEFORE YOU REGISTER, MAKE SURE YOU COMPLY WITH OUR CHECKLIST
- REGISTER ON LIVEHEATS BY MIDNIGHT FRIDAY (HEAT DRAW PUBLISHED SATURDAY)
- SURF & GO
If you answer YES to any of the questions below, you are not permitted to attend, must get tested, self-isolate and report your results back to one of our COVID Officials.
- Have you been to Victoria in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you attended any of the hotspot locations reported by NSW Health?
REGISTER ON LIVEHEATS.COM/BONDI
- All competitors must be registered on Liveheats.com/bondi by midnight Friday 14th August (Heat draw published Saturday 15th August. You will be notified via text when available to view online).
- No add-ons on the day of competition.
- Please don’t rock up on the day. It’s not fair to others.
- No registration in Liveheats.com/bondi, no competing. No exceptions.
- Non-competitors such as volunteers, judges, parents of minors will be asked to sign in upon arrival and supply email and mobile on comp day.
- Please do your level best to minimise numbers on The Hill by only accompanying a participant if necessary.
SURF & GO
- Turn up for your competition slot only.
- Surf & go home.
- Shower and change at home.
- Wash your rash vest in the disinfectant station provided and hang out before you leave.
- If you are a parent, volunteer, judge maintain 1.5m distances.
- We are back to basics here – no DJ, no BBQ. So please bring your own food & beverages.
- When picking up and dropping off, please do not crowd or park in the driveway near the trailer. This is for the trailer and volunteer parking only.
- If a COVID Official asks for your help in maintaining distancing or other things relating to the safety of the event, please help them out by complying.
When are the next comps? Sunday 16 August and Sunday 20 September.
What divisions are included in each comp? We have split up the divisions to run over the two remaining comp days to minimise risk of contact or overcrowding.
Will you have protective equipment available? Hand sanitiser will be available at the comp. Hospital grade disinfectant will be provided in a water/bucket solution for the rinsing of rash vests. Volunteers and judges will be provided with gloves and surfaces will be wiped down regularly. Only officials will be able to use the tents.
If I get sick after the comp what should I do? Go and get tested, self-isolate and inform us straight away.
Do you have another question or issue that you do not feel we have covered? LET US KNOW! Email email@example.com or reach out to one of the COVID officials below.
- Ian Wallace 0416 251 073
- Vic Austin 0426 774 501
- Daniel Hudson 0410 538 673
- BBR COVID-19 Plan submitted to Waverley Council
- Link to NSW Govt advice to community sporting comps